Mitaka Open House Day 2019 will be held on Oct. 25 and 26, 2019!
Mitaka Open House Day 2019 is a special public event hosted by 4 institutes: the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan; the Astrobiology Center; the Institute of Astronomy, University of Tokyo; and the Department of Astronomical Science, School of Physical Sciences, the Graduate University for Advanced Studies (SOKENDAI). This year, this annual open house will be held on Oct. 25 and 26, 2019. Oct. 25th will be a pre-open day, and the open areas will be limited. The 26th will be open-day and all areas will be opened. Please enjoy the Mitaka Open House in the Mitaka Campus surrounded by nature.
- 2 p.m. - 7 p.m. October 25, 2019 [Pre Open Day]
10 a.m. - 7 p.m. October 26, 2019 [Open Day]
- National Astronomical Observatory of Japan Mitaka campus
Institute of Astronomy, the University of Tokyo (next to NAOJ Mitaka Campus)
Mitaka Picture Book House in the Astronomical Observatory Forest (next to NAOJ Mitaka Campus)
- 2-21-1 Osawa, Mitaka, Tokyo (Access)
- Facilities public, lecture, introduction of the latest research results, stargazing parties, handcrafts and science experiments
- The entrance is the main gate of the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan(NAOJ). The rear gate will be closed on the day. So, the visitors who visit the Mitaka Picture Book House in the Astronomical Observatory Forest, please come in through the main gate of NAOJ.
- Please do not come to the campus by a car. (The visitor parking of NAOJ will not be opened on Oct. 25 - Oct. 26.)
- Please do not bring your pets in to the campus. However, the service animals allowed in the campus.
- If visitors with disabilities want to visit by a car, please contact us. We will make arrangements.
Latest information on Twitter (Japanese Language Only)
Mitaka Open House Day Photo Report
We will share the Mitaka Open House Day on Instagram, so everybody can see what it is like. Let’s enjoy this event together!
Let’s enjoy the event together!
Please post your photos with the hashtag #naojday. We will give a gift to anyone who posts photos using the hashtag. So, say hello to the staff members wearing Happi, a traditional Japanese straight-sleeved coat, and show us your post.
National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
2-21-1 Osawa, Mitaka, Toky
Previous event report: Mitaka Open House Day 2016: More than 4500 Visitors Gathered at the Observatory in Autumn