- Scope, Use, and Management of Personal Information to Be Collected
- Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, and Deletion of Personal Information
1. Scope, Use, and Management of Personal Information to Be Collected
The NAOJ website (the “Site”) records and retains access logs including access date and time, terminal information (hardware model, operating system, and browser type), IP address, reference URL, etc. These access logs are used for protecting network security, preventing fraud, optimizing network and computer resources, and analyzing user behavior on the Site.
Please see “General Access Logging Policy in NAOJ (GALP)” for details on how we collect, use, and maintain access logs.
Collecting Personal Information Through Services
The Site collects the minimum necessary personal information when you register for our services or contact us through our contact form. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose than to achieve the goal for the respective service and will handle the information properly and securely in a reasonable manner. Once the goal is achieved, your personal information will be deleted after the required storage period has elapsed.
2. Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, and Deletion of Personal Information
We will not disclose or share your personal information collected through the Site with any third parties, except for the following cases:
- When we have your explicit consent
- When we entrust all or part of the handling of personal information to a third party within the extent necessary for achieving the purpose of use
- When we are obliged to do so by law
- In cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of people's lives, bodies or property
- In cases in which the provision of personal information is especially necessary for the improvement of public hygiene and the promotion of the sound growth of children
- In cases in which there is a need to offer cooperation to a national government organ, local public entity, or a person entrusted thereby in their performance of affairs prescribed in laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person in question may impede the performance of those affairs
When you require us to disclose, correct, suspend the use of, or delete your personal information under the provisions of law, we will do so by following the procedure specified by the National Institutes of Natural Sciences.
Contact information about personal information
IT Security Office
National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
National Institutes of Natural Sciences
2-21-1 Mitaka, Osawa, Tokyo 181-8588, Japan
- How data is collected and processed by Google Analytics
- How to disable cookies
You can manage cookies by configuring your browser settings. Please see your browser's documentation for details about how to manage cookies in your browser.
Last Updated: March 31, 2022