Regarding the preventive actions for the novel coronavirus
To prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, we have decided to cancel some of our events until further notice. Information about the resumption of the events will be posted on NAOJ's website and SNS. We kindly ask for your understanding and cooperation.
For those who want to visit NAOJ, please note the following point:
- If you have, or think you may have, had close contact with someone infected with the novel coronavirus, please refrain from visiting.
- If you have cold-like symptoms such as a cough and fever, please refrain from visiting.
- Take appropriate preventive actions, such as wearing a mask and washing your hands with soap, to protect yourself from infection.
NAOJ Mitaka Campus
Reopened (as of July 30, 2020)
- Tours on Mitaka Campus (restricted to the outdoor areas only)
*Visit as an individual or a small group.
- 4D2U Dome Theater (regular screenings only)
- Cafeteria & Shop of the University of Tokyo Co-op
- Main phone number (+81-422-34-3600)
Still closed or canceled (as of July 30, 2020)
- Tours inside the campus facilities and building
- Public use of the library
- Regular Stargazing Parties
- Solar Observation Parties
- All group tours (If you are planning a school group tour, please contact in advance)
Nobeyama Radio Observatory
- Nobeyama Radio Observatory has partly reopened to the public since June 18. Tours are now permitted in outdoor areas of campus only.
- NINS Nobeyama Exhibition Room has been temporarily closed since February 28, 2020 until further notice.
- Open-use observations planned for the 2019-2020 season (Semester 2019) were suspended due to a state of emergency regarding COVID-19.
- Mizusawa Campus can visit the visitors area.
- The Kimura Hisashi Memorial Museum will be temporarily closed until further notice.
Ishigakijima Astronomical Observatory
- Ishigakijima Astronomical Observatory has partially reopened its facilities to the public on July 4. Facility tours are available by reservation only until further notice.
- 4D2U Screenings and Stargazing Parties are still suspended.
- Subaru Telescope to Resume Open-Use Observations
- Subaru Telescope to Begin Preparatory Work for Observations
- Subaru Telescope Continues Suspension of Its Facility Operation and Astronomical Observation
- Subaru Telescope Will Temporarily Suspend Its Facility Operation and Astronomical Observation
- COVID-19 (coronavirus) Measures at ALMA
- The ALMA Public Visits held every weekend will be cancelled until further notice.
Updated on August 3, 2020