Regarding the preventive actions for the novel coronavirus
To prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, we have decided to cancel some of our events until further notice. Information about the resumption of the events will be posted on NAOJ’s website and SNS. We kindly ask for your understanding and cooperation.
For those who want to visit NAOJ, please note the following point:
- If you have, or think you may have, had close contact with someone infected with the novel coronavirus, please refrain from visiting.
- If you have cold-like symptoms such as a cough and fever, please refrain from visiting.
- Take appropriate preventive actions, such as wearing a mask and washing your hands with soap, to protect yourself from infection.
NAOJ Mitaka Campus (Updated on May 15, 2023)
Still closed to the public
- Access to the theater room at the Exhibition Room, and the Resting Room.
Please see Visit Guide for more details.
Nobeyama Radio Observatory (Updated on October 11, 2022)
- The exhibition room reopened to the public on October 8, 2022, following the reopening of the outdoor public areas.
Mizusawa Campus (Updated on July 4, 2022)
- Mizusawa Campus can visit the visitors area.
- The Kimura Hisashi Memorial Museum will reopen on Friday, July 1st.
Ishigakijima Astronomical Observatory (Updated on October 22, 2021)
- The facility will remain partially open to the public solely for outdoor recreation until the end of October 2021.
- It will fully reopen from November, but all public events, including facility tours, will operate on a reservation-only basis.
Subaru Telescope (Updated on May, 2020)
- Subaru Telescope to Resume Open-Use Observations
- Subaru Telescope to Begin Preparatory Work for Observations
- Subaru Telescope Continues Suspension of Its Facility Operation and Astronomical Observation
- Subaru Telescope Will Temporarily Suspend Its Facility Operation and Astronomical Observation
ALMA (Updated on March 16, 2021)
- ALMA Soon to Resume Science Observations
- COVID-19 (coronavirus) Measures at ALMA
- The ALMA Public Visits held every weekend will be cancelled until further notice.