Regarding the preventive actions for the novel coronavirus
To prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, we have decided to cancel some of our events until further notice. Information about the resumption of the events will be posted on NAOJ's website and SNS. We kindly ask for your understanding and cooperation.
For those who want to visit NAOJ, please note the following point:
- If you have, or think you may have, had close contact with someone infected with the novel coronavirus, please refrain from visiting.
- If you have cold-like symptoms such as a cough and fever, please refrain from visiting.
- Take appropriate preventive actions, such as wearing a mask and washing your hands with soap, to protect yourself from infection.
NAOJ Mitaka Campus
- Starting from February 29, 2020, Mitaka Campus canceled all public access programs (including the visitors’ area, Regular Stargazing Parties, public use of the NAOJ Library, 4D2U Dome Theater screenings, and solar observations). The cancelations will continue until at least April 30. Depending on how the situation evolves, the cancelations may be extended.
- If you are planning a group tour, please postpone your visit to another time. Applications for group tours scheduled before April 30, 2020 will not be accepted.
Nobeyama Radio Observatory
- NINS Nobeyama Exhibition Room has been temporarily closed since February 28, 2020 until further notice.
- The public visits to Nobeyama Radio Observatory has been temporarily closed since March 7, 2020 until further notice.
- Kimura Museum is temporarily closed until further notice.
Ishigakijima Astronomical Observatory
- The 4D2U Screenings and Stargazing Parties have been canceled until further notice. Reservation requests for these events has also been canceled.
- COVID-19 (coronavirus) Measures at ALMA
- The ALMA Public Visits held every weekend will be cancelled until further notice.
Updated on April 6, 2020