NAOJ Researchers Receive the MEXT Commendation for Science and Technology
Five researchers and engineers in the ALMA antenna development team received Prizes for Science and Technology (Development Category), in the Commendations for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
- Dr. Masao Saito (Associate Professor at NAOJ, Director of Nobeyama Radio Observatory)
- Dr. Norikazu Mizuno (Associate professor at NAOJ)
- Mr. Noboru Kawaguchi (Mitsubishi Electric Corporation)
- Mr. Takeharu Oshima (Mitsubishi Electric Corporation)
- Dr. Satoru Iguchi (Professor at NAOJ)
Research awarded: Development of high-precision ALMA submillimeter antennas
Similarly, two young researchers received The Young Scientists' Prize, in the Commendations for Science and Technology by MEXT.
- Dr. Masaomi Tanaka (Assistant Professor at NAOJ)
Research awarded: Theoretical and observational research on Cosmic Explosions
- Dr. Seiji Zenitani (Assistant Professor at NAOJ, NAOJ fellow)
Research awarded: Numerical modeling of relativistic Magnetic Reconnection
The commendation ceremony was held on April 20, 2016 in Tokyo.