Creating Pancakes using Galaxy Collisions—Violent Origins of Disk Galaxies Probed by Radio Telescopes
September 17, 2014 | Science
Galaxies collisions are likely to result in a galaxy with a gaseous disk structure have been revealed by ALMA and others
August 22, 2014 | Science
A team discovered a star that has peculiar chemical ratio, possibility created in a first-generation very-massive star, by Subaru Telescope.
August 7, 2014 | Science
International research team found an extremely soft layer inside the Moon and heat is generated by the gravity of the Earth.
July 3, 2014 | Science
Dynamical interaction of star-forming gas was found in a star-forming region by observations with the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA).
June 20, 2014 | Science
Astronomers have found that Jupiter’s Galilean satellites remain bright even when in the Jovian shadow and not illuminated by the Sun.
- September 30, 2014 | Recruitment
- NAOJ Project Research Fellow 2015
- September 30, 2014 | Gallery
- VERA Ishigaki-jima Station – the 20-m Radio Telescope and the Constellation Ophiuchus
- September 30, 2014 | ALMA
- ALMA Finds that Organic Molecules are Branching Out
- September 25, 2014 | ALMA
- ALMA Extends Its Arms
- September 24, 2014 | Division of Theoretical Astronomy
- Discovery of a Blue Star at the Location of Supernova 2011dh
- September 24, 2014 | Subaru Telescope
- Astrophotographer Hiromitsu Kohsaka tackles Andromeda Galaxy image
- For public
- For researcher
- For graduate students