Notice: Observatory History Museum will be closed for repairs from Monday, June 26, 2017 to Friday, June 30, 2017.
- Opening hours
- The open hour is 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (the admission is until 4:30 pm ).
- How to Join
- No reservations required. Please sign in at the Guard House.
- Saturday / Sunday, national holidays, during summer vacation / spring vacation period
- There are Solar Observation Day at 20-cm Telescope Dome.
Solar Observation Day
- Free Wi-Fi is available.
- Admission free. There are free bicycle parking and toll parking.
NAOJ Mitaka Campus Guidebook is available in English, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Spanish. Ask at the Gate House.
For your safety and smile
- Please not to enter the areas and facilities that are not opened for public. Be careful mosquitoes, bees, snakes and etc.
- The National Astronomical Observatory of Japan is a research institute. Please not to come to the open course in the campus with pets. Assistance dogs (service dog, guide dog, and so on) are allowed in the campus.
- Please use resting room or outdoor bench to eating and drinking. During lunch time, you can use cafeteria of the University of Tokyo CO-OP NAOJ branch.
- Please take all your garbage back home with you. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the campus except smoking area.
- National Astronomical Observatory of Japan is working on conservation vegetation. Let's keep the rich nature in the campus.
Mitaka Picture Book House in the Astronomical Observatory Forest
In Mitaka campus, there is the Mitaka Picture Book House in the Astronomical Observatory Forest that is utilized of old lodgment of NAOJ.
- Opening hours
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Closed : Tuesday, year-end and New Year holidays.)
- Mitaka Picture Book House in the Astronomical Observatory Forest
*There is no English visitor guide page in the site.*